Parent Teacher Association
Every parent in the school is automatically a member of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA.). The Parent Teacher Association in Tullamore ETNS has an A.G.M. in September or October of each year, where a committee is elected. The Parent Nominees on the Board of Management are automatic members of the committee. The committee provides support to the school in the following areas —
- The covering of books for the Book Rental Scheme
- Input into plans and policies
- Fund raising events for school including a yearly calendar and book fair
- Represent the parents of our school
- Support the principal and staff in the pursuance of school aims and objectives
- Encourage parents to be active partners in the education of their children
- Help communication between parents and school.
The parents association shall organise their own fundraising events in consultation with the Principal and Board of Management. They will also keep an account of finances to be overseen by the treasurer.
Chairperson: Anna de Siún
Treasurer/PRO: Enda Molloy
Secretary: Jacqueline Healy
Teacher representative: Michelle Cleary
Board of Management Parent Nominees: Sharon Lawrence and Jonathan D’ Arcy as per Ex-Officio Members Section C of the Constitution
- Other elected members who form the committee are Emma Grice, David O’ Brien, Enda Molloy, Sheila Stephens, Alicija Wrobel and Samer Al Hussein.
The AGM includes minutes and a statement of accounts.
The PTA meets twice a term and the Chairperson meets with the Principal on a monthly basis.