Board of Management
Boards of Management of primary schools are appointed for a four year term. The Board manages the school on behalf of the Patron, Educate Together, and is accountable to the Patron and the Minister for Education. The Principal is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school, including guidance and direction of the teachers and other staff of the school, and is accountable to the Board for that management. The Board is made of two Patron Nominees, two Parent Nominees, a Teacher Nominee wyndham timeshare, the Principal and two Community Representatives. The Board meets at least twice a term.
The current Board of Management (December 2015-November 2019) consists of:
› Patron Nominee: Michael Joyce, Chairperson
› Patron Nominee: Louise McDowell
› Principal: Cathy Lyons, Secretary to the Board
› Teacher Nominee: Cathy Cusack
› Parent Nominee: Sharon Lawrence
› Parent Nominee: Jonathan D’ Arcy
› Community Representative: Joe Errity
› Community Representative: Jim Enright
The Board of Management meets at least twice a term. The Chairman consults with the Principal and then sends a notification in writing to the members giving at least one week’s notice. The Chairperson and Principal draw up the agenda for meetings and all members have the opportunity to discuss issues arising from the minutes and the agenda. The Principal and teacher report back to the teaching staff any necessary information at staff meetings.
The overall objectives of our school are —
- To provide each child with the best possible education in their formative years
- To inculcate in them a spirit of co-operation.
- To inculcate in them respect for each other and their teachers
- To inculcate in them respect for diversity
- To inculcate in them a willing attitude to their work.
- As they grow through our school we hope to teach the children moral values which will remain with them to maturity.
- The school values the contribution of parents, guardians and the outside community in the development of the school and values the input of outside agencies such as psychologists, social workers, gardaí ,doctors and nurses etc. in caring for all children.
- The school values the knowledge of history, geography (local, national and international), music, singing, art, design and craft making.
- The school places emphasis on the development of skills in our national games as well as a range of other sports including tag rugby, swimming and athletics.